Made in France, Fragrance-free, Vegan
The skin is naturally acidic. Some cleansers with a high pH, combined with external factors like pollution can disturb the skin's fragile pH balance. When damaged, the skin's acidic mantle can't defend itself against bacteria.
This purifying toner has a pH similar to our own, so works to rebalance the skin's pH after every cleanse. It also removes limestone and mineral residues present in tap water that find their way onto the skin during cleansing.
Concentrated in anti-blemish active ingredients, this toner also helps to refine skin texture and limit its development of spot-causing bacteria.
HOW TO USE IT
Each morning and evening, soak a cotton pad with the tonic, then apply it onto clean skin, avoiding the eye area.
Follow with your daily serum and moisturiser.
Particles may form at the bottom of the bottle. This is normal due to the high concentration of active ingredients in the product. Shake your soothing tonic before use.
IS THIS TONER SUITABLE FOR YOUR SKIN TYPE?
This purifying toner is suitable for all skin types, particularly for oily, blemish-prone and acne-prone skin.
Due to a high concentration of BHA, we don't recommend this toner for sensitive skin.
Discontinue use if you experience discomfort or irritation.
Avoid contact with eyes. In case of contact, rinse with plenty of water.
Spots and blemishes can appear on all skin types due to the presence of bacteria in the sebaceous glands. The 1% potent salicylic acid in this serum is a powerful antibacterial agent to prevent breakouts.
Salicylic Acid (1%):
Salicylic acid is a beta-hydroxy acid (BHA), known for its keratolytic (peeling) and exfoliating effects that promote desquamation (elimination of dead skin). These benefits make it ideal for oily skin, acne-prone skin, skin with imperfections, and smooth fine lines and wrinkles.
Salicylic acid is also known to limit the development of harmful microorganisms, making it an effective ingredient for cleaning and purifying the surface layers of the skin. It also helps prevent the appearance of blackheads and the clogging of pores.
A molecule extracted from plants, salicylic acid was first extracted from willow bark in 1829 by a French pharmacist named Pierre-Joseph Leroux. Salicylic acid is naturally present in several plants, particularly meadowsweet and willow, from which it takes its name.
The aspirin medication we know today is actually a synthetic derivative of salicylic acid (acetyl-salicylic acid). It was first manufactured in 1853 by the chemist C.F. Gerhardt.
Centifolia Rose Hydrolate:
Also called the rose with a hundred leaves, this fragrant flower's floral water is known for its soothing properties, especially on surface irritations. The perfect calming complement to this formula's purifying action.
Rich in tannins, it also offers astringent, skin-firming and pore clearing benefits that work to refine the skin's texture and appearance.
Derived from beetroot, zinc is ideal for oily skin and significantly reduces sebum secretion.
Coupled with L-Pyrrolidone Carboxylic Acid, Zinc promotes cell differentiation and strengthens the skin's barrier function.
A trace element naturally present in the body, zinc is essential and is involved in many of the body's enzymatic mechanisms. It contributes to the good balance of this one, intervening in the metabolism of food and taking part in the reinforcement of natural defences and the renewal of tissues.
Finally, zinc is also known to limit the development of microorganisms that cause many skin imbalances.
Aloe Vera :
Rich in minerals, vitamins and amino acids, the fresh pulp from the leaves of the aloe vera plant is known to moisturise and soothe skin. Its capacity to retain water helps to fight dehydration and soften the skin too.
FULL INGREDIENT LIST
Aqua (Water), Rosa Centifolia Flower Water, 1,2-Hexanediol, Glycerin, Salicylic Acid, Zinc Gluconate, Sodium Hydroxide, Sodium Benzoate, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice Powder, Citric Acid, Potassium Sorbate, Citronellol, Geraniol
We regularly update the lists of ingredients used in the composition of our products. Before using our products, feel free to read the ingredients list on its packaging label to ensure that the ingredients are suitable for your personal use.
All your frequently asked questions about Purifying Toner — 1% Salicylic Acid
- QuestionHello ! Is it useful to use a hydrolate AND a tonic? I have dehydrated skin with a few pimples and lots of blackheads and enlarged pores, and most creams and oils on the market make me blush and give me pimples... What do you think?ResponseHello, An application of the tonic in the evening and of the hydrolat in the morning to refresh the skin could be quite complementary :) Beautiful day,By TypologyWas this review helpful?
- QuestionWhat is the difference between a hydrolat and a tonic lotion? S'do they use the same way?ResponseThe hydrolate is a very soft and fragrant floral water obtained through distillation, while the lotion is made of active cosmetic ingredients. Both should be applied onto clean skin before the serums :)By TypologyWas this review helpful?
- QuestionDoes this come in a plastic or glass bottle?ResponseIt is a plastic bottle :)By TypologyWas this review helpful?
- QuestionHello, is it possible to use the niacinamide serum on top of this lotion or does the action of one cancel the action of the other?ResponseYes absolutely ;) you can wait for your skin to dry and apply your serum!By TypologyWas this review helpful?
- QuestionCan this lotion be used daily?ResponseOf course ;)By TypologyWas this review helpful?
- QuestionHello, should 1% Salicylic Acid Purifying Toner be kept in the fridge? Thank youResponseHello, you can keep it in the fridge for a refreshing effect when you apply it, but there's no obligation! Nice end to the day.By TypologyWas this review helpful?
This product is rated 4.2 out of 5 stars. We have collected more than 82 reviews.
- Madeleine L.Verified buyerReviewed on January 13, 2021
Love it! Gentle yet effective.Love it! Gentle yet effective.Was this review helpful?
- Alika J.Verified buyerUnited Kingdom, December 16, 2020
Love it it’s my secondLove it it’s my second bottleWas this review helpful?
- Maria R.Verified buyerUnited Kingdom, July 21, 2020
Good product I more likeGood product I more like the feeling it gives me I am not sure I’m seeing effects yetWas this review helpful?
- James Verified buyerUnited Kingdom, July 19, 2020
ExcellentI use this every night, & sometimes in the morning (if I don’t use the peppermint hydrolate) It’s very efficient at cleaning skin of leftover soap etc. It has cleared away a few spots which I could not seem to…Was this review helpful?
- Aminata C.Verified buyerFrance, February 13, 2020
- Skin Type: Combination
- Age range: Between 20 and 40 years old
- Sensitive skin: Yes
A blessing!I start by cleaning my face with the secret Pin up soap then I apply the purifying tonic with a cotton pad. I finish with the niacinamide serum and the natural moisturizer ! Some nights I put salicylic acid serum on my…
Translated from French.Was this review helpful?