Made in France, Vegan, Certified organic, Naturally-derived
Prickly pear is a highly-prized active ingredient in skincare. It's known for its ability to repair, protect and rejuvenate mature skin.
WHAT DOES THIS BOTANICAL OIL DO?
- Rich in vitamin E, prickly pear botanical oil is a powerful skin-firming agent. Its rich concentration of omega 6 regenerates skin cells.
- Prickly pear also tones the skin and prevents dehydration for a more even complexion.
- It can also be applied to treat scars, help repair skin damage and combat the signs of ageing.
- Please note these suggestions are shared for information purposes only. Typology doesn't claim to offer medical advice. To learn more therapeutic uses of this ingredient, please consult your physician.
IS THIS BOTANICAL OIL SUITABLE FOR YOUR SKIN TYPE?
Prickly pear botanical oil is suitable for all skin types, especially mature skin.
Massage oil into clean skin, nails or scalp before bed to increase its penetration and efficacy.
Botanical oils are sensitive to oxidation. We recommend to store them in a cool, dark place, kept sealed in their airtight amber bottle.
Our cold-pressed prickly pear seed oil is grown and harvested in Morocco.
This oil is different from macerated prickly pear oil, where its seeds are soaked in olive oil for several weeks. Instead, the cold pressing of the seeds makes it easier for its potency to be captured.
Prickly pear botanical oil is a rare, high-quality active ingredient. Each pressed seed yields very little oil – more than a tonne of prickly pear fruit is needed to extract just one litre of the finished product.
Colour: Yellow to green
Odour: Characteristic of prickly pear oil
COMPLETE INGREDIENT LIST
INGREDIENTS: Opuntia Ficus-Indica Seed Oil.
100% pure oil, from organic farming.
An Atlas of natural beauty - Victoire de Taillac and Ramdane Touhami
This information is indicative only and taken from reference publications in aromatherapy. It does not engage the responsibility of Typology or constitute medical advice. For any therapeutic use, please consult a doctor.
All your frequently asked questions about Botanical Oil — Organic Prickly Pear
- QuestionDoes fig oil act on wrinkles?ResponseThis oil firms and plumps up skin that lacks firmness, so you can use it to reduce wrinkles.By TypologyWas this review helpful?
- QuestionAre there any esterified oils in this vial?ResponseOur vegetable oils are not modified and come from a first cold pressing ;)By TypologyWas this review helpful?
- QuestionShould prickly pear oil be used before or mixed with the night cream? For example, your 9-ingredient moisturizer... Thank youResponseHello, we always advise to apply the oils as the last routine step, so after the night cream.By TypologyWas this review helpful?
- QuestionHello, Can the oil be used on its own or must it be mixed carefully to avoid using it pure? Thank you :)ResponseYou can use the fig oil from organic barbarism alone, on your whole face, at the end of the routine of the like tonight.By TypologyWas this review helpful?
- QuestionIs it possible to have the complete composition of the oil?ResponseThis is a pure product. Our vegetable oil has been cold-pressed from seeds. of prickly pears.By TypologyWas this review helpful?
This product is rated 4.4 out of 5 stars. We have collected more than 178 reviews.
- Desiree P.Verified buyerReviewed on March 3, 2021
ExcellentExcellentWas this review helpful?
- Pauline N.Verified buyerReviewed on July 7, 2020
Excellent!Excellent!Was this review helpful?
- Genny P.Verified buyerReviewed on July 2, 2020
Rich, smoothing oilRich, smoothing oilWas this review helpful?
- Orla M.Verified buyerReviewed on July 20, 2020
Good but unusual smellGood night use oil but only gave it 3 star because it has an unusual smell which I doubt likeWas this review helpful?
- Susan S.Verified buyerReviewed on December 8, 2020
Love this serumSkin is firmer, brighter. I’m a senior citizen and wish they had these products when I was young! Even at my age, I see a difference. For the first time in my life, i don’t need to wear foundation. My…Was this review helpful?