Made in France, Fragrance-free, Vegan, 93/100 Yuka Rating
HOW TO USE IT
Apply only to the areas concerned, do not apply to the entire face.
One drop of salicylic acid is sufficient per spot.
You should begin to see results after three days. For best results apply to cleansed skin before bed.
IS THIS SERUM SUITABLE FOR YOUR SKIN TYPE?
Our salicylic acid serum is suitable for everyone, especially oily skin types prone to blemishes or acne.
Discontinue use if you feel discomfort or irritation.
Avoid contact with eyes, in case of contact rinse with plenty of water.
pH: 4.3 - 4.8
Texture: aqueous gel
Spots and blemishes can appear on all skin types due to the presence of bacteria in the sebaceous glands. We use high concentrations of salicylic acid – a powerful anti-bacterial agent – to correct this concern.
Salicylic Acid (2%):
Salicylic acid is a beta-hydroxy acid (BHA). Its keratolytic (peeling) and exfoliating effects help promote desquamation – the elimination of dead skin. This makes it ideal for oily skin, acne-prone skin, skin with imperfections, as well as smooth fine lines and wrinkles.
Salicylic acid is also known to limit the development of harmful microorganisms, making it an effective ingredient for cleaning and purifying the surface layers of the skin. It also helps prevent the appearance of blackheads and the clogging of pores.
A molecule extracted from plants, salicylic acid was first extracted from willow bark in 1829 by a French pharmacist named Pierre-Joseph Leroux. Salicylic acid is naturally present in several plants, particularly meadowsweet and willow, from which it takes its name.
The common aspirin pill is actually a synthetic derivative of salicylic acid (acetyl-salicylic acid). It was first manufactured in 1853 by the chemist C.F. Gerhardt.
Derived from beetroot, zinc is ideal for oily skin and significantly reduces sebum (oil) secretion.
Coupled with L-Pyrrolidone Carboxylic Acid, zinc promotes cell differentiation and strengthens the skin's barrier function to protect from future flare-ups.
A trace element naturally present in the body, zinc is an essential part of many of the body's enzymatic mechanisms from the metabolism of food, supporting our natural defences and the renewal of tissues.
Finally, zinc is also known to limit the development of microorganisms that cause many skin imbalances.
FULL INGREDIENTS LIST
Aqua (Water), Propanediol, Salicylic Acid, 1,2-Hexanediol, Zinc PCA, Benzyl Alcohol, Sodium Hydroxide, Xanthan Gum, Polyacrylate Crosspolymer-6, Citric Acid, Dehydroacetic Acid
We regularly update the lists of ingredients used in the composition of our products. Before using our products, feel free to read the ingredients list on its packaging label to ensure that the ingredients are suitable for your personal use.
All your frequently asked questions about Targeted Blemish Serum — 2% Salicylic Acid + 1% Zinc
- QuestionHello, I don't really have acne but only on my forehead I have some micro cysts (tiny pimples visible only in the light). Which product should be used for this problem? Thank you very muchResponsethe redness and blemishes serum can smoothes the skin texture so it might be the one for you ;)By TypologyWas this review helpful?
- QuestionDo I have to apply it locally even if I have pimples all over my face?Responseyes because salicylic acid can be an irritating active ingredient ;)By TypologyWas this review helpful?
- QuestionHello, I've been using the serum every night for two weeks. I don't see any improvement on my skin against blackheads and red spots.ResponseWe advise you to wait a total of 4 weeks before seeing initial resultsBy TypologyWas this review helpful?
- QuestionHi, I use cortisone locally to treat my eczema. Can I use this acne serum or other typology products despite this? Thank youResponseWe advise you to talk to a dermatologist who will be able to study the compatibility of our products with your treatment ;)By TypologyWas this review helpful?
- QuestionHello, is it effective against acne scars?ResponseThis serum can be applied as a local treatment to reduce visibly imperfections. Instead, we'll have to move on to the serum or exfoliant for the problem of spots and scars.By TypologyWas this review helpful?
This product is rated 4.2 out of 5 stars. We have collected more than 693 reviews.
- Maria A.Verified buyerReviewed on February 12, 2021
Mi cara a mejorado muchoMi cara a mejorado mucho muchoWas this review helpful?
- Amanda D.Verified buyerReviewed on February 5, 2021
ExcellentBeautiful product and beautiful packaging. Love!!Was this review helpful?
- Claudia D.Verified buyerReviewed on January 25, 2021
Love these productsLove these productsWas this review helpful?
- Alice H.Verified buyerReviewed on December 29, 2020
Works really well in aWorks really well in a few daysWas this review helpful?
- Annabelle C.Verified buyerReviewed on September 30, 2020
J’aime beaucoup ce produit ilJ’aime beaucoup ce produit il est efficace et n’agresse pas ma peau.Was this review helpful?